Work Ready Skills Workshop
Need some help with your CV? Want to know how to write a cover letter? Don’t know where to look for job listings? Want some useful tips on what to do during a job interview? Come along to the Work Ready Skills workshop and learn how to find and prepare to get a job in the Australian work force. This workshop is especially catered to international students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds who would like to learn and develop the skills necessary to find employment in Australia. Students who are eligible job seekers and have not had any job seeking or work experience in Australia would benefit greatly from attending this workshop.
Booking for workshops are required to sign up via sign up sheet located at Student Services Level 2, 545 Kent St, Sydney.
Upon the completion of the Work Ready Skills workshop students will:
- Be able to create an attractive CV/resume
- Write an effective cover letter
- Develop the required research skills to be able to look for job availabilities through different job search engines online
- Learn to answer common questions asked during job interviews
- Gain a clearer understanding of the Australian business and work environment
- Develop an understanding of Australian work culture
- Understand the essential skills needed to apply for a job and working in Australia
* Duration: 2 x 1 hour sessions on Monday and Wednesday.
|When||Every Thursday||Every Monday||Every Thursday|
|Where||Room 2.08||Room 7.6||Room 1.2|
|Time||1:00 - 2:00 PM||1:00 - 2:00 PM||1:00 - 2:00 PM|