Our English for Academic Purposes course (EAP) is designed for international students who wish to pursue further studies at a VET college or a University in Australia. These students have not achieved a satisfactory IELTS score or equivalent to enter their projected courses.
This course is designed to equip students with the academic English language skills required at a tertiary level and to introduce them to the cultural aspects of student life at Australian universities and colleges.
EAP Levels and Entry Requirements:
|Course Code||Course||Course contact hours||Duration||Entry levels||Exit level and entry info|
|098573G||Preliminary EAP||20 hrs. per week||6 weeks||-IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
-An ELSIS Intermediate Certificate
|-IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
-A minimum B grade allows entry to EAP1
-An A grade allows entry to EAP2
|058166K||EAP1||20 hrs. per week||12 weeks||-IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
-An ELSIS Intermediate Certificate with a Grade A
|-IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
-A minimum B grade allows entry to VET courses and EAP 2
|058166K||EAP2||20 hrs. per week||12 weeks||-IELTS 5.5 or equivalent for undergraduate courses
-An ELSIS Upper-intermediate Certificate with a minimum grade B
|-IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
-A minimum B grade allows entry to undergraduate courses
|20 hrs. per week||-IELTS 6.0 or equivalent for postgraduate courses
-An ELSIS Upper-intermediate certificate with a grade A
|-IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
-An A grade allows entry to postgraduate courses
*There may be further entry prerequisites associated with individual colleges/ universities with whom ELSIS has established pathway agreements. Please check our pathway page and your prospective pathway institution for further details.
Why Study EAP at ELSIS?
- Improve your academic English in a university like setting.
- Listen to academic lectures and conduct research in your future fields of study.
- Explore job requirements in your future fields of study.
- Connect with online academic communities.
- Take advantage of language support workshops during your first 6 weeks at university.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use critical thinking skills effectively to evaluate written and spoken texts.
- Develop your academic vocabulary through reading and research.
- Produce essays and reports as required for tertiary entry level.
- Understand and apply academic referencing conventions.
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations to tertiary level standards.
You may also be interested in other English courses: