This workshop is designed for students at any level of English who wish to improve their English pronunciation. The aim of this workshop is to help students develop speech clarity, through a range of activities designed to target students’ pronunciation problems and enable them to identify their mistakes and correct them.
Accurate pronunciation is an important part of learning a language and the way you speak can have a big impact on your communication skills. Clear pronunciation leads to less confusion, especially during conversations, and most importantly it makes you feel more comfortable and confident when communicating with native speakers. Improving your pronunciation not only makes you a better speaker, it also helps you improve your listening, reading and writing skills.
It is very important that second language learners learn how to improve their speech. However, improving your pronunciation can be difficult which requires both knowledge and a lot of practice, but it is very enjoyable at the same time.
This workshop will take you a step closer towards your goal of perfect English pronunciation. You will learn how your mouth, lips, and tongue move when producing sounds, how to break words into sounds and how intonation and stress patterns can change the meaning of words and sentences.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Have a better understanding of the phonetic chart and phonetic symbols.
- Know the correct location of the lips, teeth and tongue when producing sounds (consonants and vowels).
- Understand the concept of voiced sound and voiceless sounds.
- Know how to use stress and intonation.
- Improve your spelling and reading ability.
- Discover your own strengths and weaknesses with certain sounds due to influence of your native language.
- Practice pronunciation alone.
* Duration: 1 hour, Monday and Wednesday. Sign-up is essential.
|When||Every Monday||Every Wednesday||Every Tuesday|
|Where||Room 2.06||Room 7.2||Room 1.2|
|Time||1:30 - 2:30 PM||1:00 - 2:00 PM||1:00 - 2:00 PM|