|MINIMUM ENROLMENT||6 weeks|
|COURSE DURATION||24 weeks|
|COURSE HOURS||20 hours per week|
|LEVELS||2 Levels – Upper Intermediate and Advanced|
|ENTRY REQUIREMENTS||Upper Intermediate level and above|
The EAP Course focuses on helping students to develop the necessary skills for academic study in mainstream courses at colleges and universities in Australia.
- The EAP 1 Course is aimed at preparing students to meet the English language requirements necessary to enter VET (Vocational Education and Training) courses. On completion of the EAP 1 Course, students will need to have attained grades consistent with a minimum 5.5 IELTS score to continue their studies.
- The EAP 2 Course is aimed at preparing students to meet the English language requirements necessary to enter college or university courses. On completion of the EAP 2 Course, students will need to have attained grades consistent with a minimum 6.0 IELTS score to continue their studies.
What do you learn in EAP?
- How to read and understand academic texts
- How to operate in a university or college culture
- How to write essays and submit reports to a standard expected by a university or college in an English-speaking country
- How to reference texts correctly and how not to plagiarise
- How to give a successful presentation and how to conduct a follow-up discussion
- How to deal with high-level tasks at college or university level with confidence